Its getting so that Facebook’s nickname should be “The feel good network,” since people’s status updates are overwhelmingly positive or glowing, particularly about family and work.
Some updates you are not likely to see any time soon:
- Feeling like crap after I blew it at today’s client meeting.
- Daughter’s b-ball team being blown out by 40 points; she’s not as good as she thinks she is.
- School back in session…and we still don’t have a handle on our son’s handwriting difficulties.
- Still haven’t cracked the code on how to achieve this year’s profit targets.
- Increasingly anxious about how we are going to pay for Mikey’s orthodontics.
- My sales quota is totally unreasonable this quarter.
- Son just struck out in little league.
Maybe we need a national Honest FB Post Day where FB users are encouraged to post only emotionally honest updates, whether or not they are good news.